Seven people were killed and 23 wounded on Tuesday (January 9), when a bomb went off in the centre of the Pakistani city of Quetta, capital of the province of Balochistan, officials said.
Seven people were killed and 23 wounded on Tuesday (January 9), when a bomb went off in the centre of the Pakistani city of Quetta, capital of the province of Balochistan, officials said.
The blast targeted a police truck close to a high security area where the provincial assembly and other government offices are located. A suicide bomber was believed to have walked up to the truck and blown himself up, a senior police officer told Reuters.
The bodies of five policemen and two civilians, as well as the wounded victims, were brought to the Civil Hospital. Some of the injured were in a serious condition.
The attack took place hours after the provincial chief minister, Sanaullah Zehri, resigned, although there was no indication that the blast was connected to provincial politics.
Last month two suicide bombers stormed a packed Christian church in southwestern Pakistan killing nine people and wounding up to 56, in the latest attack claimed by Islamic State in the country.
Alpha version: 0.9.1.19 build 52123 | Инструменты